100 Emerging Artists:
2024 Women’s Edition
Applications Open // JANUARY 17, 2024
Deadline to Apply // APRIL 30, 2024 BY 12AM EST
Fee // $35
Are you an emerging artist looking for a platform
to showcase your work to the world?
Arts To Hearts Project offers an incredible opportunity for emerging women artists worldwide.
100 Emerging Artists: 2024 Women’s Edition
We proudly present “100 Emerging Artists: 2024 Women’s Edition”, an initiative by the Arts to Hearts Project. This edition marks the inaugural launch of our landmark publication designed to spotlight and celebrate emerging women artists from around the globe.
In an art world that often favors established names, we believe in the power of fresh, untapped talent that pulses with potential. We aim to uncover these hidden gems and provide them with a platform where their creativity can be seen, appreciated, and celebrated. This mission forms the core of our project as we strive to illuminate the creative landscape with new voices and perspectives.
The “100 Emerging Artists: 2024 Women’s Edition” is not confined by traditional boundaries such as age, academic qualifications, or prior recognition. We welcome artists from the 70-year-old who has just found her passion for art, the young talent straight out of college, and anyone in between. Our focus lies not on their resume but on their unique creative expression and potential.
This book will encapsulate a carefully curated selection of 100 emerging artists whose work resonates with originality, creativity, and promise. It is an endeavor to create a vibrant story of diverse creative expressions, woven together by the common thread of extraordinary talent waiting to be discovered.
Join us on this exciting journey as we explore uncharted creative territories, revealing a rich spectrum of women artists eager to make their mark on the world’s canvas. Together, let’s challenge the norm and reshape the definition of an ’emerging artist’ in today’s changing art scene.
About The 100 Emerging Artists: 2024 Women’s Edition Book
- A stunning hardcover coffee table book designed to highlight rising women artists across the globe. Truly a unique collectible for art lovers and patrons.
- The book will be shared with galleries, curators, publications, and art institutions worldwide. Arts to Hearts Project will publish and distribute it in a premium edition.
- It will also be conveniently available on leading platforms like Barnes and Noble and Amazon.
- Selected artists will be featured in the print edition with a personalized and stunning 2-page spread of their work, curated by Kristin Hjellegjerde
- The selected artist profile will be prominently featured on our ATH editorial platform.
- Submit your work now to have it seen and cherished by a global audience. Take a step towards showcasing your creativity to the world by being featured in Arts To Hearts Project’s 100 Emerging Artists: 2024 Women’s Edition. Submit before the deadline approaches.
Kristin Hjellegjerd – Art Curator, Gallerist and Founder of Kristin Hjellegjerd Gallery
Kristin Hjellegjerde, originally from Norway, embarked on a journey into the art world fueled by her unwavering passion for discovering and amplifying the voices of emerging artists. Driven by this fervor, she opened her first gallery in the vibrant neighborhood of Wandsworth in London back in 2012. Despite facing numerous challenges along the way, Hjellegjerde’s unwavering commitment and determination paid off, and her gallery quickly became known for its creativity in the busy art scene of the city.
Presently, Kristin Hjellegjerde has successfully established herself as a significant influencer within the global art landscape. By creating connections between different cultures and showcasing innovative and captivating artworks across her galleries, she has earned remarkable recognition and utmost respect in the international art community.
Kristin Hjellegjerde is an exceptional art curator who goes beyond traditional boundaries. Her talent for spotting promising artists and providing them with the recognition they deserve has earned her a well-deserved reputation. In her galleries, diverse cultural backgrounds converge, allowing artists to share their unique perspectives through their creations.
But Kristin’s influence extends far beyond the physical spaces she curates. Through her Instagram accounts, @kristinhjellegjerde (With 18.8k Followers) and @kristinhjellegjerdegallery (With 41.5K followers) , she takes her work into the digital world. These platforms offer exciting previews of upcoming exhibitions, valuable insights into the artists she represents, and an exclusive behind-the-scenes glimpse into the world of art curation. Thus, she continues to inspire and connect with a global audience.
This call invites women and womxn artists worldwide to freely express their creativity without limitations. Artists of all mediums, including painting, sculpture, mixed media, and more, are encouraged to participate. The aim is to foster a diverse collection of artworks that authentically showcase each artist’s creative voice.
At Arts to Hearts Project, we adopt an inclusive and expansive definition of an “Emerging Artist”. We see an emerging artist as a woman who is in the nascent stages of her creative journey, with less than five years of active practice.
An emerging artist, in our context, is not defined by her age. Instead, we focus on the freshness of her professional art career. Be it a woman of 25, 40, or 60, if she has recently embarked on her creative journey, she falls within our purview of an emerging artist.
Our criteria for an emerging artist do not include having any major shows or solo exhibitions with high-profile galleries, public institutions, or museums. This absence of mainstream recognition does not diminish the value of their work; rather, it underscores the untapped potential waiting to be discovered and celebrated.
Eligibility Criteria for the Call for Art:
- The artist must identify as a woman/womxn.
- The artist should be in the early years of her creative practice, with less than five years of active engagement in the field.
- The artist should not have had any major shows or solo exhibitions with mainstream high-profile galleries, public institutions, or museums.
- There are no age restrictions; we welcome artists who begin their creative journey at any age.
- The artist’s work must align with our mission to promote fresh, original, and promising talent.
Please adhere to the following guidelines when submitting your work:
- Ensure that your Headshot/artworks are submitted with high-resolution images.
- Include a front shot of the artwork image in your submission.
- If your work involves an installation or sculpture, please include a photo of the piece in its installed state.
- Submit your artist bio and statement in less than 150 words.
- Submit an artwork statement in less than 50 words.
The top 3 winners will receive the following prizes:
- Inclusion in the Women in Arts Network, sponsored by Arts to Hearts Project, valued at $192.
- Inclusion in the ART Queens Community, sponsored by the Art Queens, valued at $1000.
- A mentorship call with Carrie Scott.
- An opportunity to record a podcast episode on the Colour Me Happy Community Podcast, sponsored by Brandi Hofer.
At Arts To Hearts Project, we are passionate about amplifying the voices of emerging and contemporary women artists from all over the world. We are a self-funded publication and community that relies on submission fees to cover costs and keep our mission alive. Our goal is to provide a platform to celebrate the creativity and talent of these incredible women and share their stories with the world.
An ’emerging artist’, as per our definition, is a woman who is in the formative years of her artistic journey, with less than five years of active practice. Age is merely a number in our books—whether you’ve found your passion for art at 25, 40, or 60, you’re eligible. The key criteria are that you have not had a major exhibition with high-profile galleries or institutions and that your work exhibits originality, creativity, and promise.
We aim to redefine the narrative of the ’emerging artist’. In the grand scheme of art history, the spotlight has often focused on established names. We strive to shift this focus, illuminating the path for those yet to be discovered. By showcasing diverse creative expressions, we hope to challenge norms, inspire change, and contribute to the evolving landscape of the global art scene.
Our selection process is rooted in our belief that every artist has a unique voice worth hearing. We (Arts to Hearts Project and our Jury) review each submission meticulously, focusing not on accolades or established reputation, but on the potential for growth and the freshness of perspective. Our decision is influenced by a blend of factors—originality, creativity, and promise being paramount.
Yes, the Arts to Hearts Project encourages applications from female artists across the globe. Your geographical location does not affect your eligibility to apply.
Yes, recent graduates from degree-granting programs are eligible to apply as long as they meet the other eligibility criteria.
Absolutely. Formal training or a degree is not a requirement for eligibility. The Arts to Hearts Project welcomes artists with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Significant recognition refers to substantial acknowledgment from the art community in the form of awards, exhibitions, performances, publications, or other notable achievements that indicate the artist’s work has made a considerable impact